Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cinema + Booze = My Kind of Math

Passion of the Christ Communion Drinking Game

Ingredients
1 box of Ritz crackers (or Saltines if you want a drier experience)
1 jug of Carlo Rossi wine (this is non-negotiable)
1 copy of The Passion of the Christ
1 home theater system
3-12 heathens

1. Hand out crackers and pour wine for all guests.
2. Begin watching The Passion of the Christ.
3. Eat a cracker and drink anytime there is blood on screen or if anyone is offended at Mel Gibson's take on religion.
4. Refill wine 3 minutes into film.
5. Repeat 6 minutes into film.
6. Repeat.

This was kind of how this all went down when I tried it back in 2004, when my friend worked at a movie theater and let me bring some pals to try this game out at midnight after the last showing (she was the manager and just respooled the movie and let us watch it when the theater closed). But it was a bit of a disaster. We thought the movie was going to be much more ridiculous. Instead, it was merely brutal. I was expecting to laugh at Gibson's racist opus, but I just felt sick from watching one of the bloodiest films ever made. But you should know that I am a huge fan of drinking games, and when you combine it with my other love (cinema) then great things can often happen. For instance:

Mamma Mia! Drinking Game

Ingredients
1 amount of any type of alcohol
1 anything to hold alcohol
1 copy of Mamma Mia!
1 something to view the movie on
Friends (if desired)

1. Chug alcohol
2. Watch Mamma Mia!
3. Experience pure joy.

I tried that recipe 6 times in theaters over the summer of 2008, and a few more times in the comfort of my own home since then, and I have to say this recipe has never failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment